Sunday, July 3, 2016

It Had To Happen Sometime

Happy 4th of July weekend you animals.
Hope you're all enjoying your wieners.
I MEAN BARBEQUE'S YOU PERVERTS!


So.
I fell off the face of the earth. Yeah, therapy can do that to a person.
I'm still in it, cuz, well, I'm fucked up. Thanks childhood.
I'm getting better by leaps and bounds, but hooboy do I have some issues

I'M WORKING ON IT



But the BIG, BIG, BIG news this fine holiday weekend is that I have a new relationship to tell all you fine people about. And it's something that will shock and amaze you all.

IT'S
WITH
A
GIRL



No shit.
I'm totally serious.
A girl. A female.
And although it's a new relationship,  I'm so far head over heels.

OH
EM
FUCKING
TITS
UP
GEE

This girl is the sweetest soul I've ever met. I mean, she's just like me; she just wants love and affection; to just be around each other. I know right?? Like, what are the chances? 

This isn't like the relationships I've had with men. No, this is different - wholesome. This isn't the "Oh-hey-baby-yeah-I-wanna-fuck-you-but-whoa-I-didn't-say-anything-about-wanting-to-date-you-let's-not-get-needy-and-crazy-here" situation I encountered in my years of online dating. The love avoidant, emotionally unavailable men who were just as messed up as me but would never admit it; much less try to fix themselves

Yeah. I said it. Fight me fuckers

My girl quite a bit younger than me and although we haven't gotten into it yet (she's pretty quiet a lot of the time) I'm pretty sure she came from an abusive relationship herself. She has the scars and there are some issues that we have to work through because of it. 

She's often misunderstood, stereotyped and discriminated against, however this hasn't seemed to tarnish my girl's goofiness and innate goodness. Dunno, I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover. I'll protect her. I'll stand up for her and I'll speak up for her goodness against the assholes who will jump to conclusions just by looking at her.

GUYS. I'M GOING TO BE WITH THIS GIRL FOR YEARS
I JUST KNOW IT

I never saw this one coming. Fuck it all, I just always assumed that I would always choose the boys. But this beautiful girl just walked into my life and here we are. It's like it was meant to be.



And she's got this cool hippie vibe like me, she loves being outside and going on long walks. We dig in the dirt together while I'm planting my garden. She's fascinated just watching the rainbows on the wall from the little crystal I have hung in our living room window. She's a simple, sweet soul.

NO SHIT GUYS



Considering that I haven't been dating for the last nine months, this is a shock for me. That I have fallen so quickly and given my heart so completely to another, just like that. It probably helps that she's so fucking emotionally open, unlike all the douchebag doods I dated. And we aren't even "dating" - that's not what we have going on. It's deeper than that. I can just be ME around this girl and that's okay. Authentic. It's what I've been learning about in therapy after all.

FOR 
SWEET
FUCK
SAKES

I CAN HARDLY HANDLE IT


In fact, I'm so confident in this relationship that I'm going to introduce you all to my girl. She's cool with it, she trusts me.

SO
HERE
WE
GO

Guys...
Let me introduce the new love of my life
.
.
.
.
PEANUT
Our beautiful, sweet, loving one year old Blue-Nosed Pitbull.



We adopted Peanut from a local resuce and she has had a long journey from a high kill shelter in Kansas City. 

WE
NOW
HAVE

PACK


Peanut loves giving kisses and having her tummy rubbed. She hogs the bed and is a chowhound, as Peanut came to the rescue slightly emaciated and needs to gain some weight.
She needs to learn a couple manners and needs a bit of leash training, but OMG- the sweetest dog ever. I just can't wait for this journey with her...

I've said a couple times that I deserve better than what I've had.
I do.
I've found better.



2 comments:

  1. Well, for the first time your blog made me cry inside of laugh. I suspected early on that you were talking about a dog. She is absolutely gorgeous! Your description of her is priceless. What a great find, and a great keep. My dogs are my everything, especially when others let me down, cheat on me, lie to me, and verbally/emotionally abuse me. Not my dogs- they love me 100% of every minute of every day. I am so happy for your new found treasure, and I'm probably not nearly as happy as Peanut is. Erena, enjoy this new chapter in your life being a dog owner. I am telling you for free- other than being a mother, ain't nothin' better Sweetcheeks. SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND PEANUT! Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, my love - for as long as I can remember I have wanted a dog. But there was always some reason that I couldn't have one: school, the ex-hubby didn't want one, wwe were living in fucking apartments, I didn't feel I DESERVED one. I cannot stress enough how good therapy is for me. After the disaster last fall with nutso Whatshisname that got me there, I am learning so much about me, my childhood, men and what I want the rest of my life to be like. For me, for Doozer, Daxter cat and now for Peanut too. She arrived yesterday and I was immediately in love with her. She knows I lead our pack (regardless of what the cat thinks) and when looks at me with her one blue eye and one brown eye I just melt. My little peanut, our little baby girl. Thank you my love. You and I are going to be just fine :-)

    ReplyDelete